Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A book you have to read, or, it's good to be back

Greetings everyone!  Bugzy here again.  Sorry I've been gone for almost two weeks.  The weather has been playing havoc with my writing schedule.  I've been out playing in the snow, making snowmen with great kids.  Of course, I can't go out and play when it's been so COLD!!  BRRRRRRRR.  That's no fun at all.  I feel bad for people and animals that have to be out in it, I hope they are all ok.

Here's a book I found while I was in the library.  It's not brand new, but it's new to me.  It is funny and informative at the same time.  It is "Look before you leap:  a frog's eye view of life's greatest lessons"
You can find it at LPLD.

Kermit the Frog, author
Chapter 1:  The Green and wet behind the ears years
Chapter 2:  Discovering the magic store
Chapter 3: Finding the rainbow connection
Chapter 4:  it's not that easy staying green
Chapter 5:  The seven dreams of highly effective amphibians
Chapter 6:  Take a flying leap!
Chapter 7:  The wealth of amphibians
Chapter 8:  When bad things happen to good frogs
Chapter 9:  Don't sweat the small bugs, and they're all small bugs
Chapter 10:  It's not that easy eating greens
Chapter 11:  Finding your inner tadpole
Chapter 12:  love amphibian style
Chapter 13:  How to win friends and meet influential people
Chapter 14:  How to succeed at success without being too trying
Chapter 15:  Knee deep in the good life
Chapter 16:  Moving your own cheese
Chapter 17:  Fridays with Fozzie
Chapter 18:  Life's like a movie, write your own ending.

How many of you can name the famous books and famous self-help books that Kermit is spoofing with these chapters?  There is a lot of them!!

Here's some words of wisdom from Kermit:

 You can go through life asking why you were born a frog, or,you can make the most of it.

Since I'm a big green bug, I can relate.  But so can you.  Take out the word "Frog" and put in whatever word describes you, or something about you that you really don't like.   That's part of the "Pathway to the future"  I talk about, my little sign says.

PEACE
LOVE
BOOKS!

Bugzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.